[Shootout-list] Ray tracer

Brent Fulgham bfulg@pacbell.net
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 10:06:57 -0700 (PDT)

--- Bengt Kleberg <bengt.kleberg@ericsson.com> wrote:
> Isaac Gouy wrote:
> >>I've boiled my program down to 94 LOC
> >

> > Hmmm 94 LOCs of not Java and not C# - that's
> really helpful.
>
> would you care to explain what your comment means?
> (anybody else that understand is also free to
> explain)

The 100 LOC 'target' is really 100 Lines of C#/Java
Code.   Being below 100 LOC in a more expressive (less
verbose) language like Haskell doesn't indicate if it
is within our program size guidelines.

The fact that it is nearly 100 lines of Haskell code
makes me think it will explode to 200 or more lines of
C#/Java.

(That is, I think it's great he got the ray tracer to
fit in 100 lines of Haskell, but I suspect this is
still 'too big' by our current metric.)

-Brent