[Shootout-list] What people say about shootout

Robert Seeger Robert Seeger <rhseeger@gmail.com>
Fri, 29 Apr 2005 07:39:50 -0400

------=_Part_430_21364801.1114774790110

Heh. Those are the types of tests that I like. Since my real world problems=
=20
tend to have more to do with text processing than the math-oriented ones=20
most people here are interested in...

Rob Seeger

On 4/29/05, Isaac Gouy <igouy2@yahoo.com> wrote:
>=20
> There's always the danger of insularity on a low-volume list like this
> one, so it's a healthy exercise to look around the web and see what
> people say about shootout.
>=20
> comp.lang.ada is still talking about count-words and word-frequency -
> not my choice for the most interesting benchmarks, but interesting is
> in the eye of the beholder.
>=20

------=_Part_430_21364801.1114774790110

Heh. Those are the types of tests that I like. Since my real world
problems tend to have more to do with text processing than the
math-oriented ones most people here are interested in...<br>
gmail_sendername">Isaac Gouy</b> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:igouy2@yahoo.com">ig=
ouy2@yahoo.com</a>&gt; wrote:</span><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=
=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; p=
adding-left: 1ex;">
There's always the danger of insularity on a low-volume list like this<br>o=
ne, so it's a healthy exercise to look around the web and see what<br>peopl=
e say about shootout.<br><br>comp.lang.ada is still talking about count-wor=
ds and word-frequency -
r>in the eye of the beholder.<br><br>______________________________________=
 the best spam protection around