[Shootout-list] What people say about shootout

Dave davejf@frontiernet.net
Fri, 29 Apr 2005 15:19:21 -0500

Let's see, right now harmonic, heapsort, mandelbrot, nbody, random and takfp
are all primarily floating point.

Given that the goal is 25 tests (that's what the home page says anyhow) and
there are 6 already, we're at 25% - which seems reasonable to me.

Plus, fasta and knucleotide also use the random algorithm. And the sandbox
also has spectal-norm and 'health' (uses random).

Given that, I think that all in all the balance is pretty good, with maybe 1
more new and 1 to replace harmonic or maybe random sense it is used in other
benchmarks. The ray-tracer looks promising to me as one to include I guess.

- Dave