[Shootout-list] Site Updated (and Notes for CVS committers)

Brent Fulgham bfulg@pacbell.net
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:00:45 -0800 (PST)

--- Isaac Gouy <igouy2@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The Shootout allows more than one implementation in
> the same language.  What name format should be used
> for a second Java implementation, and where should
it
> go in CVS?

Aha!  Thanks for reminding me.

If you want to provide a second implementation of
a benchmark for the same language *implementation*
(i.e., I want to have two Python benchmarks, not
on Python and on Jython) the naming format is:

[Test Name].[Language
Implementation]-[Number].[Language Implementation]

So, in the hypothetical case of two Python
implementations for the Ary test, this would look
like:

First Test:  ary.python
Second Test: ary.python-2.python

This is actually in CVS if you want to see for
yourself.

Just place the second test in the same directory as
the original.

Thanks,

-Brent