[Shootout-list] Reboot

Jon Harrop jon at ffconsultancy.com
Fri Jul 29 02:33:40 UTC 2005

On Friday 29 July 2005 01:59, skaller wrote:
> Felix now has a Debian package in unstable, soon everyone
> with Debian will effectively have it: it will be
> on the installation CD/DVDs. That doesn't mean
> they'll be using it of course :)
>
> How do you compare this with, for example, MLton
> which has hardly any users either? Similarly with
> D, which isn't even open source.

I think MLton has a lot more users than D. Although D has aroused people's
interest, I've never heard of anyone actually using it for anything. I know
of several people who've played with Felix.

> Neither has a Debian package.

MLton has a Debian package.

> I do agree that there are not many users, but the
> amount of interest is increasing. I think you should
> include it for interest.

I would like to see Felix stay and I am substantially less biased than
Skaller. ;-)

> At the moment on amd64, it is FASTER than ANY other
> translator on Ackermann, and as fast as the others
> on the i386, and for takfp.

I think you may have over-optimised Ack. ;-)

Objective CAML for Scientists