[Shootout-list] re: data.csv format

Brent Fulgham bfulg@pacbell.net
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 11:51:13 -0700 (PDT)

--- Bengt Kleberg <bengt.kleberg@ericsson.com> wrote:
> otherwise i would like to repeat my question:
> are you sure that this will work? i thought that
> ndata.csv had all the runs (all ''n''), even if the
> run timed out. if the separate script always uses
> the highest ''n'' will it not get a lot of time
> outs?

Yes, you are right.  But this is by design.

The 'data.csv' is just an optimization to make the
web site faster to display.  Languages that do not
make it through all values of 'n' are shown as
'failed'
in the summary view, so this behavior is what we
want.

Anyone trying to analyze data should be looking at
'ndata.csv', since it has the full set of data.

-Brent