[Shootout-list] Binary trees (ruleS)

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@ericsson.com
Mon, 20 Jun 2005 10:07:51 +0200

On 2005-06-19 18:33, Jon Harrop wrote:
...deleted
> For me, the propect of having Isaac throw a submission back in my face because
> of a rule he just imagined is the strongest reason to not join in development
> of the shootout.

if we replace the name with ''somebody'' i agree.  this is (imho) a good
reason to have explicit rules for what tests that are acceptable, and
what is not acceptable. presumably those that have this power currently
prefers things as they are.
(http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/shootout-list/2005-May/002012.html)

> Also, these problems with binarytrees will disappear if we follow Skaller's
> advise for designing the tests. This test shouldn't state that you must use a
> binary tree, it should simply require you to solve a problem that is best
> attacked with a binary tree.

this is ok for those that are good enough at specifying tests. i have
not been able to do this, and would still like to design tests. i think
this is why we have ''same way'' and ''same thing''. if one is really
good at test design it is possible to do ''same thing''. i have to be
content with ''same way''.

bengt