[Shootout-list] Ray tracer

John Skaller skaller@users.sourceforge.net
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:45:00 +1000

On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 16:25 -0700, Isaac Gouy wrote:

> > I did request CVS access so I could at least maintain
> > the Felix tests and perhaps help out with some other
> > things, such as writing test specifications, however
> > it has not been granted at this point.
>
> If you wish to contribute a Felix program then please follow the
> instructions in the FAQ (some people even contribute anonymously!)

[snip]

It says 'at least'. There are other things I can do.
I won't spend a heap of time examining the whole
system with the intent to help out, if I am denied
the ability to do so.

Last time I looked, it was impossible run the Shootout
if you didn't have every single language installed.
That could probably be fixed, and I would need it
to be to actually run it -- I have no intention
of installing *all* the languages running on the
test machine.. just an example. You'd probably agree
since you have expressed interest in other people taking
the code and using it... at present, you have to edit the
sources instead of a configuration file.

It isn't my choice .. just don't gripe about people
talking instead of doing whilst simultaneously denying
them the ability to actually do anything.

--
John Skaller <skaller at users dot sourceforge dot net>
Download Felix: http://felix.sf.net