[Shootout-list] Numerical medium-sized benchmarks

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 08:20:05 -0800 (PST)

> > Hmmm, is there a MathWorld explanation for the mathematically

Thanks, I'll read your explanation a little later.
I was being quite serious about the MathWorld URL - we need a simple
way to explain what's required, and provide some context.

-snip-
> Well, before we include it, let me float a few benchmarks, so we
> don't end up with too many benchmarks to keep track of.

Good!

> but one of the floating point benchmarks that looks a little fishy to
> me is the statistical moments benchmark

Yes, that's a possibility.

> Another similar benchmark is the matrix-matrix multiplication.

matrix is definitely awaiting replacement, simply because it repeatedly
recalculates the same value which requires awkward programming in
functional languages.