[Shootout-list] Another benchmark

Sebastien Loisel Sebastien Loisel <sloisel@gmail.com>
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 08:38:01 -0800

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 08:28:54 -0800 (PST), Isaac Gouy <igouy2@yahoo.com> wro=
te:
> -snip-
> > So if you decide to optimize it that way you'll end up with a
> gigantic
> > program, which will show up on the benchmark results as being a
> shitload
> > of code.
>=20
> -snip-
> > or it'll again have a zillion lines of code.
>=20
> Yes, it's the zillion lines of code that concern me :-(

Right, which is part of the point of this benchmark So I think I'll
try to provide some (possibly low-performance) equivalents in some
other languages, once I've stabilized this benchmark.

Also, note that some of the 160 lines of code will be trimmed away in
a final benchmark. There are probably a couple of operators I don't
need and some test code that's not necessary.

S=E9bastien Loisel