[Shootout-list] Re: OCaml k-nucleotide

Joel Hoffman hoffmanj@pacifier.com
Sun, 27 Mar 2005 12:38:30 -0800

Christophe TROESTLER wrote:

>On Sun, 27 Mar 2005, Christophe TROESTLER <del-con@tiscali.be> wrote:
>

>>Would it be possible to have more information on why the OCaml
>>k-nucleotide is failing?  I can see that the output is not correct;
>>but it is on my machine, so I am a but puzzled...
>>

>BTW, the same is true for the Perl version.
>
>ChriS

The Perl version fails in the case where THREE is the first reading
frame in the file (I set the record separator to include a \n... doh.) I
submitted a fixed version but it hasn't yet appeared.

I'm no OCaml expert, but it doesn't appear to ignore comments (lines
starting with ;). Try it against this input:

 >THREE Homo sapiens frequency
;This is a test.
agagagacgatgaaaattaatcgtcaatacgctggcgaacactgagggggacccaatgctgcg