[Shootout-list] Mandelbrot Set for CMUCL and SBCL 2nd try

Yannick Gingras ygingras@ygingras.net
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 21:04:51 -0500

--nextPart1189260.inmYxrx3fE

On March 28, 2005 07:14 pm, Greg Buchholz wrote:
> =A0 =A0 Try chaning line 35 from...
>
> (when (not (dotimes (n 50)
>
> ...to...
>
> (when (not (dotimes (n 51)

Thanks!

 : )

> >Should my output be exactly the same ?
>
> =A0 =A0Yes.

I now get a single different pixel for a 1000x1000 image, can I assume
that it is due to floating point errors ?

> >There is also a few
> >implementations skipping the last byte if the size is not a multiple
> >of 8, should I do so too ?
>
> =A0 =A0Hmm. =A0All programs should do the same thing, please report which
> implementations are skipping the final byte.

I'm sorry, I misread the file format spec and I thought that the
padding was done at the end of file, not at the end of each line.

=2D-=20
Yannick Gingras         Math Student, UQAM
Join FSF as an Associate Member at:
  http://member.fsf.org/join?referrer=3D2327