[Shootout-list] What people say about shootout (correct answers)

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@ericsson.com
Mon, 02 May 2005 15:07:56 +0200

Sebastien Loisel wrote:
>>however, i still think that the observable result for a shootout
>>benchmark should be the same for all languages. ie,
>>
>>        | A - C | < epsilon
>

> I wanted to do this at first but you can achieve the same effect by
> truncating the output, if you're lucky. But you can cook up your own

i think this means that you agree that it is a good thing to keep the
observable result for a shootout benchmark the same for all languages.
how this should be achived is sometimes a difficult question, and better
solved on a benchmark by benchmark basis, imho.

bengt