[Shootout-list] n-body broken (everything times out)

Simon Geard simon@whiteowl.co.uk
Wed, 18 May 2005 07:20:28 +0100

Isaac Gouy wrote:

>--- Greg Buchholz <sleepingsquirrel@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>Looks like the n-body setup is broken, since about 3/4ths the
>>tests are now reporting a "timeout".
>>

>N was increased x10, which had no effect on order of the fastest
>languages - so I'll probably ask Brent to re-run the benchmark with
>N=1,000,000 and grovelingly admit to wasting his time :-(
>
>(Always interesting to see who actually looks at the website.)

But something is still wrong - the fortran test reports the fastest time
and a compilation error!

BUILD COMMANDS FOR: nbody.ifc

Sun May 15 05:58:38 PDT 2005

/opt/intel_fc_80/bin/ifort -O3 -static-libcxa  nbody.f90 -o nbody.ifc_run
fortcom: Severe: No such file or directory
... file is 'nbody.f90'
compilation aborted for nbody.f90 (code 1)
make[2]: [nbody.ifc_run] Error 1 (ignored)
rm nbody.f90
rm: cannot remove `nbody.f90': No such file or directory
make[2]: [nbody.ifc_run] Error 1 (ignored)

Simon