[Shootout-list] Directions of various benchmarks

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@ericsson.com
Thu, 19 May 2005 15:03:24 +0200

--------------060000010200070507070301

Brent Fulgham wrote:
...deleted
> I think what we should do is modify the shootout
> infrastructure so that it passes all programs through
> a code formatter (usually GNU indent, but probably
> 'pretty' for Eiffel and likewise for any other
> language).

the problem with locating pretty printers for all the various languages
have stopped me from suggesting this solution in an insisting manner. it
is great that we can have it for just a few.

...deleted
> Bengt, if you were serious about having some enscript
> rules we could apply for various languages, I will
> get them installed in the shootout build process
> *yesterday* !  :-)

warning: indent is not in the single unix specification. i do not know
if debian gnu/linix has the same switches as solaris.

my selection of indent switches for c are in the attached .indent.pro
file. that file should be placed in the indenters home directory, or in
the directory where indent is run.

indent will replace _one_ original file "in-place", that is, the
formatted file is written back into original file. a backup is named
file.BAK. please avoid a common mistake that often causes grief. do not
write:
	  indent *.c

how do you want to indent erlang? ie, from unix or erlang command line?

bengt

--------------060000010200070507070301

-bacc
-bad