[Shootout-list] Directions of various benchmarks

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Thu, 19 May 2005 08:19:37 -0700 (PDT)

--- José Bollo <jose.bollo@tele2.fr> wrote:
> Keeping bench simple and focused on a specific behaviour is all what
> is needed imo.
>
> I disagree with the rule of "100 LOC limit".
>
> What if such language formatted using its proper style rule has 103
> LOC?
>
> Does it really care? One can see the LOC and exam the code for its
> elegance. just one clic. That is enougth for me.

Correct - LOC is a convenience not a necessity, sensible people will
look at the source code. The main service provided by shootout is
measurement of CPU times and memory use.

Personally I'm not interested in officious quarrels about "rules" - 100
LOCs of Java / C# was a ballpark target for the attention budget of
someone browsing the website.

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail