[Shootout-list] Directions of various benchmarks

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Fri, 20 May 2005 05:55:25 -0700 (PDT)

--- Bengt Kleberg <bengt.kleberg@ericsson.com> wrote:
> On 2005-05-19 17:19, Isaac Gouy wrote:
> ...deleted
> > Personally I'm not interested in officious quarrels about "rules" -
> 100
> > LOCs of Java / C# was a ballpark target for the attention budget of
> > someone browsing the website.
>
> rules are rarely of interest for those that can do what they want.
> instead it is the people subjected to the whims of the rulers that
> ask
> for rules. see ''magna charta'', etc.

Bengt,

you are free to publish a language comparison website that does exactly
what you want - with your own ideal rules

you are free to use the programs from the shootout on your ideal
website

you are free to use the data from the shootout on your ideal website

you are free to use (and change) the scripts from the shootout on your
ideal website

FAQ: "Take responsibility and make your own improvements to the
webpages. Take responsibility and create your own analysis from the CVS
spreadsheet download."

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/sandbox/faq.php?sort=fullcpu#help

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail