[Shootout-list] fannkuch (timer resolution; HZ=1000?)

Jon Harrop jon@ffconsultancy.com
Sat, 21 May 2005 10:22:51 +0100

On Saturday 21 May 2005 05:01, Isaac Gouy wrote:
> And I still haven't posted personal comments about other individuals on
> this mailing list.

At least you can defend yourself against Bengt's slur. When I spend a week
designing and writing a ray tracer specifically for the shootout, I get:
"Hmmm 94 LOCs of not Java and not C# - that's really helpful.".

> I seem to spend a lot of time correct inaccurate claims about the
> information shown on the website.

No, you spend a lot of time making inaccurate claims like the next one.

> > Without this discussion people might not have realised just how
> > severe these systematic errors are or how the problems with
> > precomputation can be neatly avoided.
>
> Those would be the problems that don't exist, but might someday, if
> we're lucky.

If you don't understand Skaller's suggestion that's fine. Just stop repeatedly
posting misinterpretations of what people have already said perfectly clearly
whilst simultaneously complaining about misinformation on the mailing list.

Objective CAML for Scientists