[Shootout-list] fannkuch (timer resolution; HZ=1000?)

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@ericsson.com
Tue, 24 May 2005 07:40:12 +0200

On 2005-05-23 16:26, Einar Karttunen wrote:
...deleted
> This would be quite unfair.
> Consider two languages (A and B) and a benchmark using the threading
> subsystem. A will initiase the threading subsystem before main, while B
> will initialise the threading subsystem when it is first used.
>
> If we measure per-benchmark startup times then it will be likely that
> either A or B will be punished. Thus the best way seems to be using hello
> for the startup time.

you are correct.

my thoughts about this was to use ''n'' as 1, to make sure that the
relevant subsystems where initialised. as opposed to ''n'' as 0, where
some languages might not initialise the subsystem. but the error remains
if all results are calculated before looking at ''n''.

bengt