[Simple-cdd-devel] using simple-CDD to make iso with custom d-i

Vagrant Cascadian vagrant at freegeek.org
Sun Jun 27 22:12:23 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 12:04:50AM -0700, vikram wrote:
> I am following the instructions on http://wiki.debian.org/Simple-CDD/Howto to
> make iso with custom d-i.

did you first try without a custom d-i? that's a very complicated process...

> Iam having trouble at the following step:
> Add this value to the NAME.conf file of your profile: custom_installer="/path/
> to/debian/installer/"
> Where can i find NAME.conf? Which profile directory should i be looking for it
> in?

"NAME" is the name of the profile that you're creating.

all profiles and tools will take their defaults from the working directory that
you run the build-simple-cdd command from, or /usr/share/simple-cdd if there is
no corresponding file in the working directory.

 mkdir ~/my-simple-cdd
 cd ~/my-simple-cdd
 build-simple-cdd -p NAME

build simple-cdd will first look for ~/my-simple-cdd/profiles/NAME.* for each
profile file it needs, if it doesn't find one, it looks for each corresponding
file in /usr/share/simple-cdd/profiles/NAME.*

hope that helps...

live well,
  vagrant