[Simple-cdd-devel] Problem with partman in .preseed

Vagrant Cascadian vagrant at freegeek.org
Fri Sep 17 22:55:21 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 11:32:48AM -0500, Daniel Gomez Sierra wrote:

> My actual pressed file looks like this:
>
> #Zone config
> d-i debian-installer/country string CO
> d-i debian-installer/locale string es_CO.UTF-8

note that you really should configure these elsewhere, as preseeding isn't
loaded *after* the locale is configured. see the README and simple-cdd --help
for more locale settings.

> #Unable root login
> passwd passwd/root-login boolean false

if you disable root login, you probably want an additional user configured with
sudo privledges... otherwise nobody has root access- unless this is
intentional?

> # Partitioning
> #d-i partman-auto/init_automatically_partition \
> #    select Guided - use the largest continuous free space
> d-i partman-auto/disk string /dev/hda
> d-i partman-auto/method string regular
> d-i partman-auto/choose_recipe select Separate - /home /usr /var and /tmp
> partitions

it needs to match *exactly* what partman-auto/choose_recipe expects...

i'm not sure, but for partman-auto/choose_recipe, you may have to use the same
string as translated to your configured language...

try an install with that question commented out, and then:

  debconf-get-selections --installer | egrep partman-auto/choose_recipe

to see what it actually stores there.

alternately, try and install with locale set to an english locale, and see if
your preseeding works as expected.

good luck!

live well,
  vagrant