[Simple-cdd-devel] Simple-cdd and usb stick extra files

Francesco Pedron ceskobassman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 17:38:51 UTC 2011

Hi everybody,
I would like to install my Debian ISO built with simple-cdd both from Cd
and Usb Stick.
I have successfully created the usb stick and preseeded all the questions.
What I would like to do now is to execute some post-installation scripts
that access extra_files that are into simple_cdd folder on the ISO.
So I've created a myprofile.postinst file and give it execution rights.
Running from cd, no problem, I've just mounted the cd rom with
mount /dev/cdrom /cdrom

What I can't do is to access these files when I'm running on the usb
stick, and this is what I've tried:

mount -v /dev/cdrom /cdrom >> $INSTALL_LOG    #tries to mount cdrom

if [ ! -e /cdrom/debian ]; then      #if it fails try with the usb stick
     echo "Mount of stick" >> $INSTALL_LOG
     mkdir -p /mnt/pendrive
     umount /cdrom
     # Partitions to test
     DEVICES="sda1 sda2 sdb1 sdb2 sdc1 sdc2 sdd1 sdd2 sde1 sde2"

     for $dev in $DEVICES; do
         # tries partition's mount
         echo "try to mount "$dev >> $INSTALL_LOG
         mount -v /dev/$dev /mnt/pendrive >> $INSTALL_LOG

         # if mount is done and iso is present
         if [ $? -eq 0 ] && [ -e /mnt/pendrive/debian.iso ] ; then
             # Mount iso and exit
                 echo "Monto la iso" >> $INSTALL_LOG
             mount -v -o loop /mnt/pendrive/debian.iso /cdrom >>
$INSTALL_LOG
             break
         fi
     done
fi
#do something with extra_files

Script execute till echoing "Mount of Stick", then nothing...
Any suggestion?

Thanks, Francesco