[Simple-cdd-devel] problems installing slapd

paulo bruck paulobruck1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 12:56:33 UTC 2011

Good Morning 8)

I 'm almost there using simple-cdd.
It is wonderful what it simplified my life in terms of allow me to make my
own distro based on debian.

Thanks for everyone who help this project.

I still have 2 questions that I'll divide into 2 emails.

First of them:

I made a debian package that insert some schemas and modify
slapd.c/cn=config.
If I use this package after debian install it all go wright, but If i try to
use it during debian install it gives me errors.
Is there a way to do it ? ( please let me know if it is the correct list to
post this doubt)

package that I develop install limpam-ldap ,libnss-ldap, slapd, ldaputils
and configure  all of them - slapd ( more schemas and change cn=config)

doing a chroot /target  I try:
ps ax | grep slapd
gives me nothing.... it there a way to let slapd be running during debian
install ???
I can't modify slapd using slapadd and ldapmodify... the base must be
running at debian install.....

best regards