[Simple-cdd-devel] possible bug?

Vagrant Cascadian vagrant at debian.org
Wed Aug 26 20:41:13 UTC 2015

On 2015-08-26, paulo bruck <paulobruck1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I really like new version simple-cdd-0.6.0
>
> Excelent job.

Glad to hear it!

>  I face some problemas using it, could you help me ?
>
> Enviromment:
>
> debian jessie 8.1 amd-64
> simple-cdd0.6.0
>
> my file:

What file is it? How do you use it?

> graphical_installer="true"

The "graphical_installer" option was dropped from debian-cd ~2009, so
effectively does nothing, and was also dropped in recent versions of
simple-cdd. Looks like it's still documented in the simple-cdd
manpage...

> profiles="base-minimo base cerberus"
> build_profiles="base-minimo base cerberus"
> local_packages="/home/contatogs/Debian/jessie/pacotes"

Does it build a working ISO without these? What are the smallest changes
you can make to the defaults that still shows the problem?

More likely than not, there is something wrong with one of your
profiles, or the files in local_packages...

How do you call simple-cdd? What commandline arguments? What is the
contents of the working dir profiles directory? What files are in the
specified local_packages directory? What are their dependencies? Please
be specific!

Without reporting this information, it is pretty much like wandering
around with a blindfold on and earplugs to try and help you. :P

If there is a bug, it's pretty much impossible to fix it without being
able to independently reproduce it...

Fortunately, simple-cdd 0.6.0+ includes more useful logging information
in tmp/logs/, maybe something in there will be of more help to you...

> PS man page talks about a lot of variables but all of them are mencioned as
> xxx-xxx and when we uses default.conf  all of them are xxx_xxx ( using
> underlines)....  could be nice to refer this at man page..80)

We're probably in good position now generate the manpages from the
simple-cdd command itself rather than having to keep it manually up to
date now...

For simple issues like updated documentation (e.g. manpages), please
consider filing bug reports:

  https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

This makes it easier to not let such issues get lost tacked at the end
of a long email...

live well,
  vagrant