[Simple-cdd-devel] Cooperation with "test" project

Vagrant Cascadian vagrant at debian.org
Sun Apr 17 15:24:37 UTC 2016

On 2016-04-09, Mario Gummies wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> by searching I found that there is a project with similar objective
> then mine: simple images.
> https://qemuburopointdpkg.wordpress.com/2016/04/08/story-zum-projekt-qemu-buro-dpkg/ that
> is story about me and the project.

I'm sorry, I don't understand enough german(?) to get what your project
is about. If you could describe your project in more detail, then I
would have a better idea how we might be able to work together.

> Now I wonder how cooperation could function with this project here. It
> is a debian software? This means that current development must be
> followed on sid.

Simple-cdd development happens in Debian Sid, but the newer versions usually
also work with Debian stable.

> Well I am using Ubuntu stable here (and install simple-ccd with apt)
> Well, how about it, I went straight to the manual, Examples, there I
> found:
> simple-cdd --profiles x-basic -g
> And your demo is not running out of box.

It has been a long time since I've tested the x-basic profile; I should
test that soon.

I haven't worked on support for Ubuntu in simple-cdd. Ubuntu's
debian-installer images may not be compatible with debian-cd, which is
what simple-cdd uses to generate .iso images. If someone wants to add
support for Ubuntu, there are simple-cdd hooks where ubuntu-specific
code might be added.

live well,
  vagrant