[Simple-cdd-devel] Package location failure building stretch

Vagrant Cascadian vagrant at debian.org
Mon May 8 18:20:09 UTC 2017

On 2017-05-08, Scott Wohler wrote:
> I made some of the changes you suggested (using --profiles instead of
> --conf, ignoring the docs in the conf file), and I was able to get a little
> further.

ok, that's something.

> There are some new errors and the build log no longer exists:

Well, there are usually multiple build logs, which ones are you
referring to as missing?

> 2017-05-08 11:49:18 ERROR reprepro: updating package lists exited with code
> 255
> 2017-05-08 11:49:18 ERROR Last 5 lines of standard error:
> 2017-05-08 11:49:18 ERROR reprepro: updating package lists: aptmethod got '
> ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/x/xserver-xorg-input-evdev/xserver-xorg-input-evdev-udeb_2.10.5-1_amd64.udeb
> '
> 2017-05-08 11:49:18 ERROR reprepro: updating package lists: There have been
> errors!
> 2017-05-08 11:49:18 ERROR reprepro failed with exit code: 255
> ---
>
> It isn't clear what the error here is. There is a mirror-wget.log, but it
> doesn't indicate any errors.

Seems like reprepro is failing to download some packages. Are you using
a caching proxy of some sort that might be out of date?

Try running with --verbose and --debug.

> On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 11:34 AM, Vagrant Cascadian <vagrant at debian.org>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2017-05-08, Scott Wohler wrote:
>> > I've been trying to use build-simple-cdd to build a custom platform image
>> > using stretch.
>>
>> What version of simple-cdd and debian-cd are you using?
>> Would you consider trying the version in git, which has a number of
>> fixes and improvements:
>>
>>   https://anonscm.debian.org/git/collab-maint/simple-cdd.git
>>
>> Hoping there still might be time to get it into stretch...
>>

> I just installed from the tip of master on the git repo and it indicates
> version 0.6.1:

Seems like the version didn't get updated in setup.py in the last few
releases, Hrm. Need to implement checks for version in the package
building rules to avoid that in the future...

> Installed /usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/simple_cdd-0.6.1-py3.5.egg
> Processing dependencies for simple-cdd==0.6.1
> Finished processing dependencies for simple-cdd==0.6.1

Oh, that's interesting; I've never actually tried installing to
/usr/local... I either build the package and install it, or run directly
From the git checkout:

  ./build-simple-cdd --profiles x,y,z

live well,
  vagrant