[Simple-cdd-devel] Live-CD?

Vagrant Cascadian vagrant at debian.org
Sat Nov 11 14:43:26 UTC 2017

On 2017-11-11, Xavier Bustamante Talavera wrote:
> simple-cdd is a magnificent software.

Glad to hear you like it!

> With debian 9.2 I had to set the profile tag as suggested here
> <http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/simple-cdd-devel/2017-November/000596.html>
> and install xorriso in order to successfully build an image.

I don't understand why you would need to manually install xorriso, as it
is a dependency of debian-cd, which is a dependency of
simple-cdd... unless you were merely running from a git checkout, or
maybe genisoimage was installed, as debian-cd allows that as an
alternative to xorriso.

> I was wondering if this simple-cdd is capable of building an ISO as a
> live-cd, in the way it loads debian instead of trying to install
> one.

It is only a tool to generate debian-installer CDs.

For live images, you might look at live-wrapper and vmdebootstrap, which
I believe is what's used to generate Debian's official live images.

live well,
  vagrant