[Simple-cdd-devel] lvremove makes installer hang

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 20:20:24 UTC 2017

hi,

I'm allocating an "unused" LVM volume in my
partman-auto/expert_recipe, in order to reserve half of the SSD for
future expansions.

but if I add "lvremove -f vg0/unused" to my .postinst file, the
following happens: the installer runs fine and is close to finishing,
but is stuck forever in a screen like follows:

Finishing the installation
40%
Running simple-cdd...

If I power-off the machine and boot it, the system looks quite
healthy, and the unused volume is removed.

Without lvremove command, the installer finishes fine as expected, and
then I can manually remove that volume.

it's all happening in Stretch, producing a Stretch image.

cheers,
stanislav