[Spip-maintainers] [rt.debian.org #3837] SPIP stable update (fixes #677290)

David Prévot taffit at debian.org
Wed Jun 13 14:44:53 UTC 2012

Hi,

As noted in #677290, I just updated the proposed security upload [0].

     0: http://people.debian.org/~taffit/spip/spip_2.1.1-3squeeze4.dsc

Here is an attempt DSA text:

----------------%<--------------------------------%<----------------

Package        : spip
Vulnerability  : cross-site scripting
Problem type   : remote
Debian-specific: no
CVE ID         : not available yet

Four cross-site scripting vulnerabilities have been found in SPIP, a
website engine for publishing.

For the stable distribution (squeeze), this problem has been fixed in
version 2.1.1-3squeeze4.

For the unstable distribution (sid), this problem has been fixed in
version 2.1.15-1.

---------------->%-------------------------------->%----------------

The attached debdiff shows the actual differences from the last security
update.

The first of these four XSS is actually part of the CVE-2012-2151 fix
(that was not completely addressed in DSA-2461-1), so you may wish to
publish it as an updated DSA-2461-2.

As a side note: upstream just released a 3.0 upstream branch, but since
they're pretty responsive, and take care of updating the security fixes
for previous branches, I intend to stick with the 2.1 branch in Wheezy
instead of rushing a non trivial update path (and to be honest, they're
still fixing many issues in the 3.0 branch anyway).

Regards

David