[Splashy-devel] libdirectfb ft2.a

Luis M lemsx1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 17:21:09 UTC 2005

Hello Guillem,

Some time ago we filed a bug against libdirectfb. This was in regards to
having .a's added so that we can compile Splashy statically. [1]

Over the last few months I have noted a number of problems/inconsistencies
with the debian package for directfb:

1. directfb-config doesn't work
2. the .a and other devel libs are included with libdirectfb-$VER and not in
libdirectfb-dev as they should be
3. some .a's are missing, the most important of which is /usr/lib/directfb-
0.9.22/interfaces/IDirectFBFont/libidirectfbfont_ft2.a

I have not filed any bugs against the package waiting for the right time
(until we fully understand everything that was needed). I have modified
directfb-config so that it allows static compilations to work on a debian
system. You can get the latest version of this script from our project svn
repo on Alioth. [2]
That script needs more work as it needs to find the correct path for the
library files (when doing static compilations). For now they are simply hard
coded in the script. This should be easy to fix though. After that, it could
be submitted upstream.

I have tried unsucessfully to compile the directfb sources to include the
ft2.a library. Could you help us with that?

I'll file bugs for other issues with the libdirectfb package if you think
the bug reports will help you better in keeping track of the issues
mentioned above.

regards,

[2]
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/splashy/trunk/directfb-config?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

--
Luis M

"We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and you
work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on" -- Steve Jobs in
an interview for MacWorld Magazine 2004-Feb

No .doc: http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html