[Splashy-devel] Splashy new features

Luis M lemsx1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 08:52:45 UTC 2005

Hello all,

I have taken some time to squash bugs and incorporate features. Gotta love
the long weekend for Labor Day (USA).

So far I was able to close all feature request in the Alioth's project
tracker, except for one that I'll be working on shortly. And all bugs,
except for the pesky -static bug (which turns out to be related to directfb
awkward static linking).

I believe those 2 requests should be done by the end of tomorrow ;-) but
then again, that's being too optimistic.

I have also switch our splashy debian (apt) repository in Alitoh to use a
pool system (debpool). Works like a charm so far, except that we won't be
able to keep historical copies of old releases/test packages. We will still
use the download system for those of you who still prefer clicking on
something that has been "stable" for a long time.

As soon as the -static compilation of splashy is possible we will release
version 0.1.6, which should be the most solid, and feature rich, release for
splashy since the porting from C++ happen.

Enjoy!

--
Luis M

"We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and you
work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on" -- Steve Jobs in
an interview for MacWorld Magazine 2004-Feb

No .doc: http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html