[Splashy-devel] Re: A Splashy Configuration Tool

Vincent Amouret vincent.amouret at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 18:58:58 UTC 2005

Hello Luis

I'm happy that it works elsewhere than here.
I agree with your notes.

* whenever possible, we should replace all str*(), access(), malloc(), and
> all those ugly stlib.h functions with their modern cousins in glib.h.

I wanted to do it but before it was necessary that I know the glib a little
better. I saw the power of the glib, so it's the first thing which I will
improve. The goal will be to use only the glib.

 * i don't have any issues with calling system() unless we can avoid it. not
> sure if there is a nicer way to use tar from some C code that's part of all
> UNICES... ideas? if not, we can safely assume tar is installed in all UNIX
> systems. not a big deal here.

I would look at if the glib does not give solutions, exept for tar.

* i noted that there were two ways to create a theme quickly.

When the code will be re-written using the glib, i'll see for GOptions then
the second way will be implemented, it's useful for the GUI.

* we should probably share the common_macros.h files

The common_macros.h is only there for xml_parser.h, so there are no problems
if we include your parser as you suggest it.

I will try to make these changes as soon as I could it.
I'll try to make splashy-config as generic as possible, i think using more
#define for the paths in particular.

Bye.

--
- Vincent Amouret -