[Splashy-devel] splashy: testing needed before 0.1.6

Luis M lemsx1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 09:08:39 UTC 2005

Hello all,

I'm pleased to announce that splashy 0.1.6 is about to be release. A lot of
efforts have been put to make sure that splashy compiles statically with all
libraries, that splashy knows what the resolution of the screen really is,
and that all bugs reported in our bug tracking system in Alioth have been
taken care.

I've uploaded a test release/package to our Alioth repository [1]. Please
test and report bugs in whichever way is more convient for you. The options
are:
1. IRC #splashy on irc.freenode.net <http://irc.freenode.net>
2. email to splashy-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org
3. bug tracking system: http://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?group_id=30657
4. snail mail to GNU FSF (i'm kidding!)

Please note that the package needs directfb-0.9.22 which can be found in
Debian unstable/testing/Unbuntu. If you are using Sarge, the package works
also, but you will need to get the sources for directfb-0.9.22 and recompile
the library on Sarge (no patches needed). I have made a package of it for
those of you using Sarge on x86 systems [2]. I test/code all my stuff in
Sarge.

Long overdue, but, it's here to stay!
Enjoy!

Note: for non-Linux users, you will have to wait until I can get some issues
resolved. For now, this is meant to be a Linux-only testing release.

[1] deb http://splashy.alioth.debian.org/debian unstable main
[2] http://www.kiskeyix.org/downloads/debian/reject/

--
Luis M

"We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and you
work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on" -- Steve Jobs in
an interview for MacWorld Magazine 2004-Feb

No .doc: http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html