[Splashy-devel] chvt problem fixed

Otavio Salvador otavio at debian.org
Sat Apr 1 18:06:10 UTC 2006

"Luis M" <lemsx1 at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I just solved the chvt problem. It seems that when chvt is handled, it
> sends a USR1 signal to Splashy. And since we were handling that to
> update the progressbar by 1 tick, no changing of vt's were allowed.
> And what makes it even more interesting, after a chvt was sent to
> splashy (using the fifo), the exit command was ignored!

I'm having problems with current code. As it's now (r678) it fail and
display a "Invalid argument" on my screen. So it block it.

> I fixed all that in svn. And I'll upload 0.1.8-0+19 which fixes that
> and the excessive verbosemode detection. Now we have a set of
> hard-coded ignore patters in splashy_search_pattern()
> (common_functions.c). This is just a temporary solution.

That worked fine to me.

> By the way, the fsck detection code is not working. I was thinking
> that splashy-init should detect fsck running (the same way it detects
> other scripts) and send an "exit" signal to splashy. Perhaps after
> sending a "print FSCK checking disks... Splashy will now exit" and
> wait a few seconds for users to read that from their screens.
>
> What do you think? This is all temporary fixes so that we can release
> 0.1.8 and plan what's next for 0.2.x and beyond. We should include
> full fsck support in 0.1.9 (at least detection).

If we have this working fine in 0.1.8 I don't think we need a 0.1.9 to
include fsck. It could wait until 0.2.1 or like.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855