[Splashy-devel] libsplashy?

Tim Dijkstra newsuser at famdijkstra.org
Sat Aug 12 21:36:01 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm working on getting a (userspace) splash screen in userspace
software suspend (http://suspend.sf.net). I figured on using splashy.
I can't however use splashy_update and the like, because pretty early
in the suspend process all userspace will be frozen; The suspend
functionality needs to be in the suspend binary itself.

I now want to link some splashy code into uswsusp, to make that
somewhat easier I patched splashy a bit so that splashy_video.h has a
somewhat saner interface.
I made a series of 6 patches which I will send after this e-mail. The
patches add almost no functionality, they just move some functionality
between files and change the function-prototypes.
With these patches I can now combine
  splashy_video.o xml_config.o xml_parser.o common_functions.o
to libsplashy.so with splashy_video.h as its headerfile and just
link with -lspashy.

To really make it a nice library, it would be maybe better to rename
some of the functions. Also I would want to propose some additions
to the config.xml files, but that is not important now.

What do you think?

grts Tim