[Splashy-devel] Splashy 0.2.2 on hold

Luis lemsx1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 08:46:14 CET 2006

On 12/4/06, Vincent Amouret <vincent.amouret at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Le dimanche 03 décembre 2006 à 15:11 -0500, Luis a écrit :
> > Thanks to ade|desk on IRC, we identified a new/old issue with Splashy
> > and console-screen.sh.
>
> I remember this issue but it did not appear for a long time, I thought
> it was a more or less FIFO related bug, wasn't it ?
>
> Anyway, i'm wondering how to reproduce this bug ?
> I tested the fresh uploaded package and that works.

Are you running on Debian Sid?

Did you patch your /etc/init.d/console-screen.sh ? (grep splashy
/etc/init.d/console-screen.sh)

I had it patched before while developing and I never noticed this
problem. But a user pointed out that the progressbar got stuck at
about 40% and after further analysis I saw that his console-screen.sh
script ran at about that point during Splashy execution. Since we were
both using Sid, I unpatch'd my console-screen.sh and lo and behold!
Mine also stopped.

I'll try Otavio's suggestion.

--
Luis Mondesi

"Feliz el hombre que ha hallado sabiduria y el hombre que consigue
discernimiento, porque el tenerla como ganancia es mejor que tener la
plata como ganancia; y el tenerla como producto, [mejor] que el oro
mismo" (Prov 3:13-14).