[Splashy-devel] Debian Moreblue for Splashy

James Spencer jamessp at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 18:15:11 CET 2006

Hi,

Earlier today I contacted Otavio Salvador and the maintainer of
the 'desktop-base' with the following message:

(Yeah, I'm being economical with my keystrokes :) )

"
Recent versions of 'desktop-base' contain a lovely kdm theme
called 'debian-moreblue'. I rather enjoy this theme. Unfortunately, I'm a bit
obsessive compulsive about having my 'splash screen' match my 'kdm theme'. To
remedy this mismatch I composed a splash theme to match the 'debian-moreblue'
kdm theme.

The aforementioned theme is wholly derivative of the kdm theme. The background
and swirl SVGs were exported via inkscape to pngs, then assembled in the
gimp. The exception to this is the word 'Debian' which was derived from the
SVG logos on: http://gnuart.onshore.com/debian_logos_svg.html which is
licenced under the: Debian Open Use Logo License. The splashy theme XML file
was derived from the ones provided with the splashy package. I've tested them
as best I can.

I certainly don't consider myself an artists, and as I said more of
an 'obsessive compulsive' matcher. That being said I've decided to submit the
fruit of my labour upstream. This work is granted in perpetuity under the
governing licences, with anything I happened to do bound as such.... Yada,
yada, ya.

I have attached the Splashy theme, and the Gimp XCF file (In case tweaks or a
format change are desired. (They are relatively hi-resolution and the theme
uses .png which makes them somewhat large.) Feel free to do with them as you
see fit.
"

As per Otavio Salvador's request I've sent it along to this list. Thanks again
for everybody's work on this and have a Happy Holidays!

_James Spencer