[Splashy-devel] Enforcement of symbols on binary

Otavio Salvador otavio at debian.org
Sun Jul 16 22:17:02 UTC 2006

[ I'm CC'ing the bug number where I provided a patch to fix the files
  used for static linking so we can remove our previous sed hackism from
  Makefile.am ]

Hello,

Today I expent some time to understand why the default directfb-config
doesn't worked and our previous hacked version does. After sometime, I
figured out that both was passing two different group of options to
compiler and realised that the official version doesn't provide the
symbols name needed to be loaded by the libraries.

To fix that I'm passing the need options to compiler byhand. Obviusly,
this is wrong since we're using directfb-config tool to provide this
information to us but it's a workaround to the problem.

You can look bellow the needed options:

,----
| ## HACK ALERT! - Otavio Salvador
| # Express the symbols need for compilation so they will be forced inside of the binary
| DFBHACK = $(DFB)  -Wl,-udirectfb_fbdev -Wl,-udirectfbwm_default -Wl,-uIDirectFBFont_Default -Wl,-uIDirectFBFont_FT2 \
|                   -Wl,-uIDirectFBImageProvider_GIF -Wl,-uIDirectFBImageProvider_PNG -Wl,-uIDirectFBImageProvider_JPEG \
|                   -Wl,-udirectfb_keyboard -Wl,-udirectfb_ati128 -Wl,-udirectfb_cyber5k -Wl,-udirectfb_i810 \
|                   -Wl,-udirectfb_i830 -Wl,-udirectfb_mach64 -Wl,-udirectfb_neomagic -Wl,-udirectfb_nsc \
|                   -Wl,-udirectfb_radeon -Wl,-udirectfb_savage -Wl,-udirectfb_sis315 -Wl,-udirectfb_tdfx
`----

Of course, this is just need when we're compiling staticaly.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855