[Splashy-devel] handling signals

Luis M lemsx1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 16:03:24 UTC 2006

On 3/20/06, Pat Suwalski <pats at xandros.com> wrote:
> Luis M wrote:
> > If that's possible that's worthy of investigation. That would
> > definitely solve the problem without having to bother to handle HUP or
> > relaunching splashy.
>
> The other possibility is to have splashy read from a "new" fifo in the
> mounted/pivoted root system when it gets a signal. Then it would not
> have to be restarted and could receive proper fifo commands.

For as long as the filesystem is not read-only. I don't see the point
of the kernel not allowing FIFO files to be written when on a
read-only filesystem. There should be a way around this. A fifo is ram
to begin with. Perhaps there is a write() call just for that purpose?

--
Luis Mondesi

"We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and
you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on" --
Steve Jobs in an interview for MacWorld Magazine 2004-Feb

No .doc: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html