[Splashy-devel] Fsck Handle, workaround ?

Tim Dijkstra tim at famdijkstra.org
Thu Jul 10 14:26:08 UTC 2008

Tourneur Henry-Nicolas schreef:
> Hi,
>
> I the next few days I will have to setup several client machine with
> Debian Lenny. Normally, splashy will be installed with those machine,
> but, let me explain my fear : If the user see the progress bar locked
> (because of a fsck running), I don't want him to shutdown the machine
> thinking that it is crashed.
>
> I know this might be stupid but not impossible, si I would like to know
> if there is any workaround to deal with that (or planed solutions for
> Lenny ?).

There was some talk about the fsck script talking to usplash/splashy. I
haven't looked at how that progressed. In splashy we shouldn't have to do
that much I think. We have an interface to update a progress bar and write
stuff to the splash screen (IIRC). Maybe I'll have some time in the
comming months to do some Debian work again...

grts Tim