[Splashy-users] Splashy, the next best thing since sliced bread

Javier Ruiz Hidalgo jrhbcn at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 09:47:20 UTC 2005

Hi,

  First of all I just want to congratulate you for splashy. It just
works and does the job, it's just fantastic... :-)

That said I'd like to add some comments/problems I've found on it (I'm
using 0.1.5.svn19):

- radeonfb does not work, it complains with the same message error as
bug #302208. vesafb works. (btw, I had to recompile the kernel to
remove radeonfb from the kernel configuration, is there a way to
select vesafb o radeonfb at boot time?)

- Alpha modes on the progress bar does not work, I've tried to change
the alpha color on the debian3 theme expecting that the progress bar
will show the picture underneath but it doesn't work.. maybe this is
related to the fact that I use vga=0x318 which I believe is 24bpp and
not 32bpp :-?

- When shutting down the progress bar does not reach the end, at 3/4
splashy goes back to text mode for a second and then back to the
picture for another second (without progress bar) and then
shutdowns...

- To make a theme, the progress bar needs to be specified in
percentage. Wouldn't it be easy to be specified in pixels?

That's it, again, this is a very nice peace of software and I hope it
goes into debian official pretty soon!! Let me know if you want me to
fill any bug reports about this.

Regards,

--
Javier Ruiz Hidalgo <jrhbcn at gmail.com>