[Splashy-users] splashy and Graphics Card's native fb driver

Luis lemsx1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 23:16:57 UTC 2006

Why are you trying to install libdirectfb-dev from sources? are you
using a system based on Sarge/Dapper or anything which has directfb
0.9.22 (or below)?

The new version of Splashy works with directfb 0.9.22, but, it's
tested and developed using 0.9.24 and 0.9.25. This is because the way
the debian package is done and bugs that we filed against previous
versions of the dfb library, which were fixed on dfb 0.9.24.

Another thing you can do is simply get the binary package from Sid
(Splashy). Since Splashy s compiled statically, it should work fine
with any (older) system/distribution.

--
Luis Mondesi

Kiskeyix.org

"We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and
you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on" --
Steve Jobs in an interview for MacWorld Magazine 2004-Feb

No .doc: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html