[Splashy-users] DirectFB Issue not fixed!

Luis lemsx1 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 00:05:51 UTC 2006

If you installed splashy from a package, then the directfb binary you
have installed locally are not being used. This is because Splashy is
compiled statically.

I'd suggest you use the package from Sid since that has the latest
patches from svn. I have removed the packages from Alioth so that
other people don't use them anymore ;-) Splashy is in Sid now, and
it's very up-to-date.

If you still have a problem with that package, then we need to know
what video card you are using. It might be possible that splashy is
not including a driver that you need (though you are using VESA...
which makes things puzzling).

Try the package from Sid and then we will know.