[Splashy-users] problem in linux ppc kernel

Luis Mondesi lemsx1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 14:43:25 UTC 2007

On Dec 21, 2007 8:15 AM, sacarde <sacarde at tiscali.it> wrote:

> Hi,
>   I have archlinux-ppc on PowerPC, I try to install bootsplash
> I have patched kernel
>
> linux-2.6.21
>
> with
>
> bootsplash-3.1.6-2.6.21.diff
>
> but when I configure, I dont have nothing under item
> "bootsplash configuration"
>

> I view :
>
> http://sacarde.interfree.it/kap/foto1.png
> http://sacarde.interfree.it/kap/foto2.png
>

> can you help me ?
>
> sacarde at tiscali.it

Hello Sacarde,

As you might already know, bootsplash has been discontinued in favor of
Splashy. Splashy does the same functionality of bootsplashy without having
to patch your kernel.

To get you started, you will need to remove bootsplash and get the sources
for Splashy from your vendor (ArchLinux) or from our official site:

http://splashy.alioth.debian.org/wiki/

The simplest way to install Splashy from source is:

1. wget http://alioth.debian.org/frs/download.php/2239/splashy-0.3.8.tar.gz
2. tar xzf splashy-0.3.8.tar.gz
3. cd splashy-0.3.8
4. ./configure --prefix=/
5. make
6. make install

You might also want to install GSplashy, which is a graphical way to
configure Splashy:

1. wget http://alioth.debian.org/frs/download.php/2243/gsplashy-0.1.tar.gz
2. tar xzf gsplashy-0.1.tar.gz
3. cd gsplashy-0.1
4. ./configure
5. make
6. make install

Google shows a lot of information on setting up Splashy on ArchLinux:

http://www.google.com/search?q=splashy+archlinux

Be sure to check that if you get stuck. You can also join us at #splashy on
irc.freenode.net, where there is always somebody who's able to help.

Regards,

--
Luis Mondesi

----- START ENCRYPTED BLOCK (Triple-ROT13) ------
Gur Hohagh [Yvahk] qvfgevohgvba oevatf gur fcvevg bs Hohagh gb gur fbsgjner
jbeyq.
----- END ENCRYPTED BLOCK (Triple-ROT13) ------