[Splashy-users] splashy shows shutdown screen but not the boot up screen

Philip Rutkowski phil at quietthenloud.net
Mon Feb 26 01:36:11 CET 2007

FIXED IT!

Thanks Luigi!

After your email, I decided to have another look at the splashy wiki faq
page. And, I took another look at this:

http://splashy.alioth.debian.org/wiki/doku.php?id=faq#splashy_does_not_run_under_upstart_in_ubuntu_edgy_and_later_versions

The first time I looked at it, I overlooked it because I had no idea
what it meant. The second time I looked at it, I decided to take out
everything from /etc/event.d/rcS and paste the code at that link. That
made linux not even start up. Luckily, I backed it up before I got rid
of the code. Finally, I took another more careful look at the code as
well as the rcS file and saw that the + and - signs meant add and
substract from the existing code.

So,

- runlevel --set S >/dev/null || true

meant take that out. And,

   + set $(runlevel --set S || true)
   + if [ "$1" != "unknown" ]; then
   + PREVLEVEL=$1
   + RUNLEVEL=$2
   + export PREVLEVEL RUNLEVEL
   + fi
   +

add it in between script and end script. I rebooted and it worked!!! I
hope that helps someone else out!!

Thanks again!

-Phil