[Splashy-users] splashy 0.3.2 doesnt work

Luigi lemsx1 at gmail.com
Tue May 29 00:07:21 UTC 2007

On 5/28/07, Hannes Mayer <kontakt at ecarux.de> wrote:

> Hi, i compiled splashy 0.3.2 without any errors, but it doesnt work.
>
> # splashy test
> # Splashy ERROR: Couldn't splashy_start_splashy(). Error -2
>
> I use a PNG no JPG or GIF File.
> Directfb Version 1.0.0
> kernel options: splash video=vesafb:ywrap,mtrr,1280x1024-32 at 60
>
> Has anybody a hint for me?

Hello Hannes,

Where did you get the sources from? I'd suggest you get them straight from:

https://alioth.debian.org/frs/download.php/1981/splashy_0.3.3.tar.gz

Getting the sources from SVN is still better (ready Wiki page). However, the
SVN repository might be broken at times ;-)

Is there any reason why you are compiling Splashy yourself and not getting
it from, say, http://packages.debian.org/splashy ?

--
Luis Mondesi

----- START ENCRYPTED BLOCK (Triple-ROT13) ------
Gur Hohagh [Yvahk] qvfgevohgvba oevatf gur fcvevg bs Hohagh gb gur fbsgjner
jbeyq.
----- END ENCRYPTED BLOCK (Triple-ROT13) ------