[Splashy-users] Splashy on x86_64

Luis Mondesi lemsx1 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 17:11:31 UTC 2007

On Nov 10, 2007 7:36 AM, Johannes Wagner <dongiovanni at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm maintaining the splashy package for archlinux. With glibc 2.7 I had also this undefined reference under x86_64. I read the, that also others have this problem and tried to build splashy from git. I got the following error message with splashy from git:
>
> > Splashy ERROR: Couldn't splashy_start_splashy(). Error -2
>
> I got this error message also under my i686 system, although it worked statically linked. Have you some advice for me?

Hello Johannes,

Error -2 means that no framebuffer was initialized from the kernel.
What driver are you using? "vesafb"?

Check the FAQ section on the wiki for how to troubleshoot this.

what's the output of:
cat /proc/fb
cat /proc/cmdline

Does "/sbin/splashy test" works? (after the system is up-n-running).

Now, about the x86_64, we are trying to troubleshoot that right now. I
don't have access to this architecture; you can join us on #splashy
irc.freenode.net.

Regards,

--
Luis Mondesi

----- START ENCRYPTED BLOCK (Triple-ROT13) ------
Gur Hohagh [Yvahk] qvfgevohgvba oevatf gur fcvevg bs Hohagh gb gur
fbsgjner jbeyq.
----- END ENCRYPTED BLOCK (Triple-ROT13) ------