[Splashy-users] Problem using splash on debian etch

Leandro Dardini ldardini at tiscali.it
Sat Sep 29 11:01:46 UTC 2007

I backport splash on debian etch. No problem in compiling it. But I get
"splashy ERROR: Timeout (120 sec) occurred while waiting for a message
on the Splashy socket on the first console. On the second console I get
the message:

Re(generating splash steps for: rc#2.d... rc4.d... rc0.d... rc6.d...done.
Starting Boot splash manager: splashy.

The boot continue only when I press "enter" on the second console

To install splashy, after dpkging the package:

I put "vga=791" and "splash" on the kernel command line (after
root=/dev/hda1 ro).

I rebuild initramfs as described for debian in the docs.

I tried with or without redefining the fifo file in config.xml (and
after each change I reissue initramfs)

The poweroff process is perfect with splashy image.

Note I am running at runlevel 4.

Thank you

Leandro