[Splashy-users] Segfault while running splashy in initrd

Sid Kapoor sidkapoor2000 at gmail.com
Fri May 8 14:42:45 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I want to run Splashy in my initrd. I made initrd by mkinitrd command in
Fedora Core 9 system.
And then added the packages of splashy-0.3.12 and directfb-1.1.1 in the
initrd filesystem hierarchy.

These packages work fine on a normal busybox based system. But in the initrd
it gives the following segfault with following error :

splashy[440]: segfault at a ip 0000000a sp bfc577e8 error 4 in ld-2.7.so
[6e2000+1b000]
 Is there any issue of compatibility of Splashy with ld-2.7.so library which
is placed in /lib folder in the initrd ?

I want some solution to this issue urgently.

Thanks in advance.
Sid