[Splashy-users] Splashy and autologin

Natale Vinto ebballon at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 00:32:58 UTC 2009

Hi all,
I've installed splashy on a debian squeeze 2.6.26 and I've set
vga=791 splash
in grub.cfg for each kernel boot line. Everything as splash test goes
fine but at 50% of control bar I got the system freeze totally and can
do anything than hardware poweroff. I think the problem is way I use
mingetty for user autologin.

In /etc/inittab:
1:12345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty --noclear --autologin bluesman tty1

and than in .bashrc I have theese lines:

if [ -z "$DISPLAY" ] && [ $(tty) == /dev/tty1 ]; then
        startx &
        x11vnc -rfbport 65432 -rfbauth ~/.xvnc -many -background
        export DISPLAY=:0.0
fi

in order to have e16 autostarting and a VNC server up. I wonder if
splashy with this autologin can fails and if yes how to get it working
for my cause. I would have a splash and then the X11 session ready

Best Regards

--
Natale Vinto
http://www.gotext.org